This is only for Lisa Murkowski because, quite honestly, Dan Sullivan doesn’t really have any connection to Alaskans and so doesn’t care what we think and Don Young is just… well, he’s Don Young so no learning curve is possible.
Anyhow, Lisa apparently thinks the issue of mass shootings in schools is complicated and needs study. Well guess what. It’s been studied to death. The problem is the NRA just doesn’t like any ideas for stopping the violence that involves sensible gun legislation that is always one of the top recommendations.
So let me break this down for you as simply as possible, Lisa. Here’s what needs to be done.
1. Sensible gun legislation that eliminates weapons of mass destruction that are not useful for hunting any animal known to exist in America.
2. Criminalizing any object that can turn a gun or rifle into a semi automatic weapon.
3. Read the Constitution and try to come up with some reasonable definition of “well regulated militia” as it applies today and then develop gun ownership regulations based on that definition.
4. Actually fund mental health programs to the extent needed and here’s a hint to finding the money; your party doesn’t give a crap about the deficit when it comes to giving their billionaire friends a huge tax break so why not just include mental health funding in that “I don’t give a crap about the deficit” attitude.
5. Instead of paying for teachers to get guns, how about just paying teachers enough that they don’t have to be on food stamps to survive.
6. And while you’re at it, how about funding schools enough that the teachers don’t have to spend their own money on supplies.
So there you go. A simple six step program to at least diminish how many kids die trying to get an education in America.
How about it, Lisa. How complicated is that? Or did you really just fool us all when you declared your independence from the Republican Party and ran as an independent? Because right now, you are sounding disgustingly like a Republican in the pocket of the NRA.